Terms & Conditions of Booking
1) All users need to be registered. There is a small one off registration fee of £5 per adult and £2.50 for juniors, unemployed persons, state pensioners and persons registered as disabled
2) Westway membership cards must be presented at reception to gain access to the main centre
3)The advance booking period for most of our activities is up to 2 weeks online and up to 1 week by phone
4) Cancellations or modifications to an existing booking cannot be made less than 48 hours before the session is due to start
5) We have a full refund policy for cancellations or changes made 48 hours or more prior to session start time. This does not apply to block bookings
6) Entry will not be permitted after the first 15 minutes for the following activities: Holiday Camps, The Breakfast Club, Pay and Play sessions
7) Bookings can be cancelled up to 48 hours before the session by calling 020 8969 0992. This does not apply to block bookings
8) Concessionary prices are available to registered disabled people, members over the age of 60, full-time students and people receiving benefits, subject to proof of status. Proof must be shown before booking.
1) The minimum age for access to the climbing area is 5 years old
2) Children under the age of 18 require a consent form to be signed by a parent or legal guardian for all climbing activities
3) A competency demonstration must be completed prior to any unsupervised access to the climbing wall such as casual climbing
4) A Minor Supervision Form must be completed by registered climbers when bringing a minor, which will be signed by both parties
5) A registered competent adult climber may supervise up to 2 novice climbers and Novice Supervision Forms must be completed
6) Once you have purchased a monthly, 6-monthly or annual pass, these cannot be cancelled before their term expires - unless your doctor has advised that you should not climb. Documentary proof of this will be required to cancel a pass.
1) Payment must be made at the time of booking
2) Parents are allowed to book a maximum of 4 children into any of our junior group sessions
3) We reserve the right to close the clay courts in bad weather, as play may cause long-term damage to the surface. We will do our best to inform bookees as soon as possible. Clay court bookings which are cancelled due to weather/ playing conditions will be credited for future bookings. In rainy weather, customers are required to call the centre for a court surface report. Please ask for Andrew during office hours or the Duty Manager outside office hours.
4) When using a clay court, the following rules must be followed:
* Brush or drag the court after use
* Brush lines
* Flat sole tennis shoes must be worn
5) Any sessions missed during a 6-week adult tennis course are not transferable
6) External Coaching is not permitted on site. Westway-approved coaches only
7) All parents collecting children from sessions will be obligated to have a ‘Parent's membership card’ in order to gain access to the centre. All children attending the centre will be required to have a membership card in order to access the centre. Parents membership registrations and cards are free and obtainable at the main reception area.
8) Please respect the booking in progress before yours. Please ensure you wait for the current booking to finish their session before entering the court. Any complaints in relation to this will be taken seriously and could affect your standing when looking to make future bookings.
9) Please respect timings. You are expected to leave your court on time. Any complaints in relation to this will be taken seriously and could affect your standing when looking to make future bookings.
10) Please respect the facilities. At the end of your session, please pick up all rubbish, empty bottles etc and place them in the litter bins provided. Please do not leave the area in a poor state.
Tennis Block Bookings
Payment - For your Block Booking to go ahead, we will require payment in full in advance of the booking for the total value of the booking. The total value of the booking means the complete number of sessions, which make up the block. Unless otherwise agreed in writing by the Westway Sports Centre (WSC), hiring fees are due for payment in FULL in advance of the first date of your booking and the WSC retains the legal possession of all courts and reserves the right to withdraw permission to use any of the courts if monies due under the terms of this agreement remain unpaid on the day of hiring.
Renewal Policy - Please be aware that it is your responsibility to renew your Block Booking six weeks before it expires. Payment should be made in advance. If payment is not received by the first day of your next Block Booking, please be aware that we reserve the right to sell the court space to another user. Block Bookings run for a standard minimum of 10 weeks or more. Those booking outside these terms & conditions are classed as casual bookers.
Cancellation Policy - Customers are advised to notify the booking office of any exceptions when they renew their block booking. Otherwise, for any group or block bookings, the cancellation policy will apply 48 hours before the commencement of the first session of a block only, not 48 hours before every session. Once the block has begun there will be no refunds given. Cancellations or alterations can only be made on two separate occasions per tennis Block Booking. If a customer wants to move a single session thereafter within a block they will have to cancel the session (no refund) and then book and pay for any further sessions required. The Westway Sports Centre reserves the right to cancel or amend a Block Booking at any time. Whenever this happens, we will give as much notice of these changes as possible.
Coaches - If you have a coach allocated to your booking please ensure you have confirmed all the dates with your coach prior to the commencement of your Block Booking. Coaches are self employed and are therefore not managed by Westway Sports Centre. All coaches have been made aware of the Block Booking terms & conditions.
Communication - Any requests or amendments to your bookings are to be communicated via email in the first instance. Please email Michelle R Campbell at email@example.com
1) EQUIPMENT: Users should be aware that the Westway Sports Centre does not supply or hire out footballs or other football equipment. Please ensure you bring any bibs, balls and cones as required.
2) FOOTWEAR: Players are required to wear appropriate footwear. This includes moulded studs and trainers. Blades or screw-on studs are not permitted.
3) CHANGING FACILITIES: Football pitch users should use the football pavilion facilities for changing and showering. If you wish to use any facilities in the Westway Sports Centre main building, a Westway Card is required and all users must be registered members.
4) WARMING UP: Please respect the booking in progress before yours. When warming up prior to your own booking, please do not warm up on the pitch and interfere with the current booking, especially while play is in progress. Any complaints in relation to this will be taken seriously and could affect your standing when looking to renew your booking.
5) TIMINGS: Please respect timings. You are expected to leave a pitch on time. Any complaints in relation to this will be taken seriously and could affect your standing when looking to renew your booking. Timings on Pitch 6 should be taken from the satellite clock located in the stand. Pitches will be opened 5 minutes prior to booking time.
6) LITTER: At the end of your session, please pick up all rubbish, empty bottles etc and place them in the litter bins provided.
7) BICYCLES: Please do not bring your bicycle onto the pitch. It is a hazard and you are asked to keep them locked on one of the racks provided at the entrance to the Sports Centre.
8) PITCH 6: Access to pitch 6 is by the main gate only. Please do not use any of the side entrances, as these are fire exits only. Spectators are asked to use the stand area only. Spectators should not use any other area.
9) VALUABLES: Please do not leave valuables in the Pitch 6 Grandstand or around the pitch fences, as there is a risk of theft. Instead, leave them at home or use the blue cages provided.
Football Block Bookings
Payment - If full payment is not received by the first day of your block booking, the pitch will be locked and the bookings will be cancelled. Unless otherwise agreed in writing by the Westway Sports Centre (WSC), hiring fees are due for payment in full, in advance of the first date of your booking and the WSC retains the legal possession of all pitches and reserves the right to withdraw permission to use any of the pitches if monies due under the terms of this agreement remain unpaid on the day of hiring.
Renewal Policy- It is your responsibility to renew your block booking six weeks before it expires.
Cancellation Policy- The cancellation policy will apply 48 hours before the first session of a block only, not 48 hours before every session. Once the block has begun there will be no refunds given, and sessions cannot be moved around within the block. If a customer wants to move a single session within a block they will have to cancel the session (no refund) and then book and pay for any further sessions required. The Westway Sports Centre reserves the right to cancel or amend a block booking at any time. Whenever this happens, we will give as much notice of these changes as possible.
Change of Details – It is your responsibility to ensure contact details are kept up to date. In order to transfer the responsibility of a block booking to someone else, the new person will need to provide details in writing to the football bookings administrator. You may do this by emailing the football administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org. Unless we receive notification of the change in writing, the previous booker will continue to be held responsible for the booking, but the current players will be penalized for any non-payment.
General Terms & Conditions for Football and Tennis Block Bookings
- We do not offer student discounts on block bookings.
- We do not offer any discounts on peak bookings (Mon- Fri after 17.00 or Sat – Sun whole day).
- Prices are reviewed on a yearly basis and you will be notified of any changes.
- Community group bookings are at the discretion of the Westway Sports Centre Management team.
- We have a zero tolerance policy on abusive behavior of any kind towards our staff. If any customer abuses our staff we will cancel that booking with immediate effect. If one player abuses our staff we will take away the group booking. It is therefore up to you to communicate this to your group to ensure that our staff do not receive any type of abuse.